gaz_default_640x360

Brescia offers glamorous trip to London, Ontario

Want a free trip to Brescia?

For students not already enrolled at Brescia University College have the chance to visit the school and tour London for free. Brescia’s “Women of Inspiration” contest invites eligible students, as well as alumni, to write a brief post on the school’s Facebook fan page describing a female leader who has inspired them.

Eligible high school, transfer, and mature students can win one of two Via Rail trips to London, where they will visit Brescia’s March open house, stay in a hotel and receive a tour of the city.

Sheila Blagrave, director of communications, marketing, and external affairs at Brescia, said the contest is part of the University’s efforts to raise awareness about the school.

“The contest is part of a social media plan which is part of our integrated marketing plan,” Blagrave said, citing Brescia’s dedication to using social media to promote itself.

Besides increasing awareness about the school, encouraging people to attend is part of Brescia’s goal to create strong leaders.

The contest also aims to generate interest in Brescia’s annual “Take the Lead” public speaking contest in April.

“[The Facebook contest] is a prelude to the contest in April. Maybe some of the same people who submit stories to this will be inspired to come to the speaking contest,” Blagrave explained.

Cheryl Madliger

Cheryl Madliger

Cheryl Madliger

Latest posts by Cheryl Madliger (see all)