Poached eggs might seem intimidating, but they’re easier than you think. Here’s an easy and quick way to class up your breakfast in the morning.
- 2 fresh eggs, room temperature
- white vinegar
1. Break eggs into separate small bowls or cups
2. Fill pot with water and splash of vinegar. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat to low-medium – water should be just simmering, with small bubbles rising from the base of pan and small ripples across the top of the water.
3. Whisk water so it spins quickly
4. Carefully tip both eggs (one at a time) into spinning water, as close to the water as possible.
5. Let cook for for 2-3 minutes for a semi-soft yolk or 3-4 for a firm set yoke.
6. Transfer from hot water to a bowl with cold water and ice. This stops the egg from cooking — otherwise it will continue to cook outside of the water.
7. Pad down with paper towel