A classic Middle Eastern staple
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup Tahina (sesame seed paste that can be purchased at your local grocery store in the International section)
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- Garlic and salt to taste
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1. Boil the chickpeas until extremely tender. This usually takes 15 minutes.
2. Blend the chickpeas, oil olive, Tahina and lemon juice in a food processor or blender until extremely pasty. Texture should be extremely smooth and homogenous
3. Add garlic and salt to taste.
4. Garnish with parley and olive oil
This can be served as a dip with pita bread, celery or crackers. It’s versatile—hence the classic staple!