Two suspects have been charged with robbery for assaulting and robbing a Western student on campus on the night of April 12.

The two female suspects — a 22-year old and a 16-year old were arrested off campus by London Police Service (LPS) shortly after the robbery. According to Campus Police, the suspects are not affiliated with Western. 

The incident occurred around 10:20 p.m. last Wednesday. The student was approached by a woman who asked to use her cell phone. As the student provided her phone, a second woman also approached and the two suspects fled with the student's phone. The student was assaulted in an altercation with the suspects. 

A LPS media officer stated that the student sustained a concussion and injuries to her head and face. She was also robbed of her iPhone 6 which was later recovered. 

Robbery is an offence under the Canadian Criminal Code which states, "Every person who commits robbery is guilty of an indictable offence and liable."

Campus Police is encouraging the campus community to use Western Foot Patrol which is operating from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. during the April exam season. Blue emergency phones are located on certain locations around campus which provide a direct line to the campus police station. 

Important numbers:

Emergencies: 911 (911 calls from all campus phones will go to Campus Police)

Campus Foot Patrol: 519-661-3650

Campus Police: 519 661-3300

1
5
0
0
6