A 22 year-old male has been arrested on Monday for threatening to bring a gun to Western University with the intent to hurt individual(s) on campus.

The individual, who is also a Western student, stated his intentions on social media on the USecrets Western page two days ago — the posts have since been taken down, according to director of Campus Police John Carson.

Carson said Campus Police was made aware of the post when a concerned student showed them screenshots of the USecrets post. 

London Police Service and Campus Police are investigating the incident.

According to a LPS media release, the suspect was from North York and was arrested by the police in relation to uttering threats to cause death, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the Criminal Code of Canada. This suspect currently remains in custody.

The investigation is ongoing and at this time, it is unknown who the intended target(s) were.

According to Carson, there will be an arraignment hearing tomorrow morning, at which time the suspect's name and more information will be made public.

Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to call the London Police Service at (519) 661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477). Information can also be sent in on-line anonymously to www.londoncrimestoppers.com.

0
0
0
0
0