The USC has been lobbying the federal government to fulfill a 2015 election promise that would see $50 million added each year to the Post-Secondary Student Support Program. 

Students are unsure if caps on tuition increases will survive, and if they as well-off as new legislation suggests. 

• Helena Najm and Tom Yun, The Varsity

The union is facing criticism after two Snapchat videos involving Vando and former SMCSU Councillor Sara Gonsalves that are making the rounds on social media have been called Islamophobic.

In response to Ontario's premier prioritizing experiential learning, OUSA has organized a one-week campaign to raise awareness of the importance of work-integrated learning. 

STEM to STEAM is a movement that aims to transform research policy to incorporate art and design into STEM fields.

The general assembly was attended by student delegates from all eight student association members of OUSA.

Recent articles

The Student Price Card allows students to receive deals at thousands of retail and food locations across Canada, and it lasts an entire year, and you can purchase it for only $10 plus tax. 

Western came in at number 198, dropping two spots from the 2015-16 year. The ranking has remained relatively stable the past three years, but back in the 2011-12 ranking, Western was up at number 157. 

Among Canada’s 20 largest research universities, many fail to meet a 10 per cent threshold for female representation in STEM departments, like electrical or computer engineering. What's it like to be a female faculty member in science and technology at Western?

The federal budget has drawn different reactions from various levels of government representatives in London — in particular with its effects on post-secondary students and rapid transit. 

Older stories