Western came in at number 198, dropping two spots from the 2015-16 year. The ranking has remained relatively stable the past three years, but back in the 2011-12 ranking, Western was up at number 157. 

The grant enhancements are expected to benefit 350,000 students across the country, according to the government.

Incoming USC vice-president Jamie Cleary has been elected as OUSA's president for the 2016-17 year.

Among Canada’s 20 largest research universities, many fail to meet a 10 per cent threshold for female representation in STEM departments, like electrical or computer engineering. What's it like to be a female faculty member in science and technology at Western?

The federal budget has drawn different reactions from various levels of government representatives in London — in particular with its effects on post-secondary students and rapid transit. 

Read more

They highlighted three major student issues: limitations in the Canada Student Loans Program, challenges faced by international students in Canada and youth unemployment.

Read more

The Gazette spoke to student leaders and politicians on Parliament Hill at Tuesday's budget unveiling.

Read more

Recent articles

QUEEN’S PARK — A long called for overhaul to Ontario’s student financial aid system will see students in low-income families pay no tuition the government announced in its 2016 budget.