The Gazette's Rundown is your daily campus briefing. Here are the top Western headlines you need to know as you start your day, in brief.

1. USC supports trans* students. The first meeting of the 2017-18 USC council unanimously passed a motion supporting transgender and non-binary students. Incoming president and vice-president Tobi Solebo and Landon Tulk notably abstained from the motion. Solebo explained he did not want to take a stand on something he was being tasked to do.

"We're still excited to move forward with looking into the feasibility of this and hope to have something ready for [council]," he said.

2. Rec Centre scales set to return. If you've been in the Rec Centre change rooms, you may have noticed the scales have vanished. The Rec Centre is currently in the process of finding scales that will be the most effective investment.  

3. Weed at Western. A CBC report detailed that marijuana legalization will be the law by Canada Day 2018. While students seem to support the decision, there are questions about how the process will occur. 

• Angry 1
  • Sad 0
  • Funny 0
  • Wow 2
  • Love 0
1
0
0
2
0

Bradley is the digital managing editor for Volume 110 of the Gazette. This is his fourth year on the editorial board, previously working in Opinions, Sports, and Culture. He's a recent graduate with a degree in Canadian-American relations.