You are the owner of this page.

Become an editor

Want to get more involved with the Gazette? There's no better way than becoming an editor!

Becoming an editor at the Gazette is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have at Western University. We have positions available for a wide range of skill sets and interests, from writing to editing to photography to graphics to video. All editors are students at Western and work at the Gazette around their class schedules. They are expected to be in the office and contributing to production five days a week and will often have to work nights and weekends. Editors have to communicate and collaborate with a variety of people across and within sections to ensure stories are written, edited, have appropriate visual elements and are distributed to our readers — often at a very fast pace.

Editor applications for the 2017–18 school year are now open. The deadline for applications is 5 p.m. on March 22, 2017. After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for an interview by email on the weekend of March 24–26. Successful applicants must be available for a mandatory training day the weekend of April 1–2. The day will involve introductions, basic information and organization, voting on policies and the vision of the paper for the year.

Have a question? Email amy@westerngazette.ca.

Job descriptions:

Sports Editor

Opinions Editor

Copy Editor

Photo Editor

Graphics Editor 

Western TV Coordinator

Western TV Assistant Coordinator

Interactive Media Editor

Video Editor