Westminster Ponds

A boardwalk at London's Westminster Ponds.

Courtesy of Roman P on tripadvisor.ca.

Staying in London this Fall Reading Week? We’ve got you covered!

With the very first Fall Reading Week almost here, we've created a list of activities for students sticking around London. 

Oct. 9 | Thanksgiving at the Village | Fanshawe Pioneer Village

Can’t go back home to celebrate the festival with family? You can spend that day with the villagers at Fanshawe Pioneer Village and devour delicious food. You can also reserve a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, including homemade soup, roast turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, root vegetables and fresh pies at the Pioneer Village Cafe from 12 to 2 p.m. all weekend. Be sure to book in advance.

Oct. 12 | Reel Paddling Film Festival | Wolf Performance Hall

This international film festival stops in London over reading week. it presents the world’s best paddling-centred films of the year. In the 20 nominated paddling films, whitewater action, kayakers' exploration of remote coastlines and northern river canoe expeditions will be vividly depicted.

Oct. 14 | Celebrating our Natural Heritage | Westminster Ponds

Did you know that London is well-known as “Forest City”? So don’t just stay indoors: go out and expose yourselves to nature. Trails Open London will be hosting an event that celebrates the natural history of Canada and illustrates the significance of protecting natural heritage. Several activities like planting trees and hiking in Westminster Ponds are available and may improve your understanding of Canada's vast biodiversity.

Oct. 14 | Get in the Game Event | Dufferin Hall

Check out the first Get in the Game event, which will be an evening of board games, cards, floor games and a themed escape room with wine and beer raffles, snacks, pizza and a silent auction. The Scottish Rite Learning Centre is holding the event to support their tutoring program which provides specialized free tutoring for children with dyslexia. 

Didn’t find anything appealing? Check out Tourism London to see how to fill your days off with fun!  

Oct.13-15 | London Comic Con | Western Fair District

London Comic Con, the largest fan event of Southwest Ontario, provides you with a chance to embrace your childhood again. Star Trek's William Shatner is headlining the event. The voice actors from 6Teen and Total Drama will be present, and you can even join them reading the scripts on stage. A series of activities await you, including autograph signings, artist alley, fan zones, cosplay, movie screenings, live entertainment and workshops and seminars. We grow fast but we can make the happy times last longer.

5
0
0
0
0