Barakat provides Mediterranean quality

When visiting London for SAO, you’re likely to find yourself famished by the end of the day and looking for a good meal to enjoy with your family. We've got you covered with a short list of quality local options for almost any dietary restraints or preference.

The Bungalow

910 Waterloo St.

You can never go wrong with burgers and here you can choose from a large list of toppings for no extra charge to make your very own unique creation. The restaurant has a warm, dimly-lit atmosphere and plenty of sitting room plus a nice outdoor patio. It might be a good idea to make a reservation as the restaurant can get unexpectedly busy at times and it’s unlikely you’ll want to wait around for long after a day of orientation.

London Chinese Restaurant

530 Oxford St. W, inside London Mall

This recently opened Chinese restaurant has a wide variety of quality authentic dishes, from Szechuan beef to Peking duck and a good selection of noodle dishes of all styles. There is a dim sum menu which includes items such as har gow, rice noodle rolls and youtiao (fried dough). It is a fairly large restaurant, seating over 50 people, so finding a table shouldn’t be a problem.

Zen Gardens

344 Dundas St.

Families interested in eating vegetarian food for their post-SAO meal should check out Zen Gardens for their welcoming menu and relaxing atmosphere. While some of the dishes can be on the smaller side, their bento boxes have a good variety of food – such as purple rice, sweet and sour lappa, fruit salad and tofu. The menu is based on Asian cuisine but has a good variety.

The Early Bird & Rock Au Taco

355 & 353 Talbot St.

Colossal pancakes, stacks of chicken and waffles, sandwiches and poutine make up this restaurant's notorious menu. While best known as a brunch place this restaurant is open late so you don’t have to worry about what time of the day you choose to visit. It's also attached to a taco restaurant, so you’ll find no shortage of filling western cuisine to enjoy while soaking in all the information you received during orientation.

Barakat

551 Richmond St.

If you’re eating on a Halal diet look no further than Barakat, a quality Middle Eastern restaurant located on London’s notorious Richmond Row. Known during the year among students as a great place to get food for studying, this restaurant offers huge portions of foods such as schwarma, mala salad, falafel and shish kebob. The booths aplenty make for a good spot to enjoy a family meal.

Ozen

607 Richmond St.

If your family is one that can’t go too long without some good sushi, look no further than Ozen. This is arguably the best of the quality sushi restaurants in London that aren’t all you can eat. Food you have here won’t disappoint, despite being a bit pricier than some of the other options. Unfortunately, this restaurant is a bit on the smaller side, so finding a table might prove difficult.

0
0
0
0
0

Ellis is a Culture Editor for Volume 110 of the Gazette. He is a fourth-year Sociology student intent on pursuing a career in journalism. If you wish to reach Ellis, email him at ellis@westerngazette.ca