Susan Mumm has been appointed as Brescia University College’s 12th principal and will begin her term in July 2016. 

Mumm is currently the dean of arts and science and professor of history at Queen’s University. She has had an extensive academic career and has served in various roles at York University, The Open University in England, Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax and Massey University in New Zealand. Mumm studied history at the University of Saskatchewan and the University of Sussex.

Mumm was appointed principal by Brescia’s board of trustees after a search process. She will be replacing interim principal Donna Rogers, who was appointed to the role for the 2015-16 school year. Rogers took over the role from former principal Colleen Hancyz, who served in the position for seven years before being appointed as president at La Salle University in the United States.

“We are excited to welcome Dr. Mumm to Brescia,” Larry MacKinnon, chair of the board of trustees said in a press release. “Her proven leadership as an effective university administrator and her outstanding academic achievement make her the ideal person to lead Brescia University College as it continues to grow in size and stature as Canada’s only women’s university.”