King's president 2016 Nate Little

Nate Little is running unopposed in King's University College Student Council president election, leaving him to face a vote of confidence.

Little feels prepared to take on the leadership role after serving as a King’s councillor for the University Students’ Council and being a part of the local and campus affairs standing committee.

“I want to empower the voices of all King’s students, alleviate barriers to new opportunities and support, create and inspire student-led initiatives,” Little said.

Little hopes to engage the student community through initiatives such as a permanent student art exhibit space, an improved peer-support service and a food-waste redistribution program.

The only thing preventing Little from being King's next student president is a vote of confidence from students, who can submit their votes on Monday and Tuesday next week. While a vote of non-confidence is unlikely, The Regis, a magazine run by King’s students, published a column outlining multiple concerns with the uncompetitive nature of this year's race.

"I have been very open about the fact that students do have an option,” Little said. “If students do not have confidence in me or my platform, they have the option to vote against me. And if I am voted in, I will do everything I can to prove myself worthy of this position.”

0
0
0
0
0