news_Kings_aerial_StPeters

Aerial view of St. Peter's seminary.

Students love to throw around the word "adulting": it describes grown-up responsibilities, like writing to-do lists and packing your own lunch. On Sept. 30, it will also describe a King's event catered to young adults who are "just trying to figure it out." 

Carolyn Martyn, founder of Bring It Impact, is organizing the inaugural half-day event The Adulting Journey at King’s University College.

She said the event will feature a number of short talks from guest speakers who are experts on topics like mental health, personal branding and confidence. Chantelle Diachina, founder of London's Prana Yoga Wellness, will speak about stress and anxiety management.

The event is catered towards young adults who want to learn about tools to face the challenges in their daily lives, but it isn't restricted to students. Instead, the event is open to all young adults in the London community who fall in the 18–26 age group. The Adulting Journey can accommodate up to 400 people. 

“I know there are a lot of events out there, especially during Frosh Week, that are geared towards [students], but I just wanted to create something along similar lines for young adults,” Martyn said.

Martyn said the event has two major goals: create a community for those who struggle with confidence and mental health and start a lasting conversation between the under-30 crowd.

The Adulting Journey is organized by Martyn's organization, Bring It Impact: an organization that delivers leadership and self-esteem events to young adults as a prevention strategy for mental and physical health.

“I’m big into getting people together to understand through conversation and learning that they are not alone in their struggles,” Martyn said.

The event will be hosted on Sept. 30 from 10 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. Students can register and purchase tickets for $9.50 online. Light snacks will be included.

0
0
0
0
0

Sabrina is pursuing her second year as a News Editor here at the Gazette. She is a fourth year International Relations student at Western University.