The University Students' Council announced its full 2018–19 student executive team Sunday.

While president Mitchell Pratt and vice-president Danny Chang were elected in February, the USC rounded out its five-person executive by announcing the incoming secretary treasurer, communications officer and student programs officer.

The incoming student programs officer, Carina Gabriele, was elected by council on Sunday. The student programs officer oversees all USC student-run services and programming while striving to increase student engagement on campus.  

The USC also announced the results of its hiring process for the incoming communications officer and secretary treasurer. Andreea Bejan is the 201819 secretary treasurer, and Mikaela Harrison is the communications officer. The secretary treasurer is responsible for the financial side of the USC and ensures the organization's good governance. The communications officer is in charge of directing the USC's external communications, liaisoning with media outlets and promoting USC events and initiatives.

“I’m really looking forward to sitting down in a room with them and identifying the common problems we want to work towards,” Pratt said about his new executive. “I think we have a well-rounded group of individuals with a lot of diverse experiences at this school. I’m really looking forward to seeing what we can achieve.”

Pratt also applauded the incoming USC councillors for their engagement at the USC's second annual general meeting on Sunday, especially with regards to the student programs officer election. Pratt is excited to work with council to represent the Western University student body’s best interests.

Outgoing USC president, Tobi Solebo, voiced his excitement for the new executive team and is looking forward to helping them transition into their roles.

“I have one more year left of school to finish up, so people will be seeing me walk around campus,” Solebo said. “I look forward to being a student again and just being a part of what the USC does.”