For a second consecutive year, Western students will be electing a London Youth Advisory Council Western councillor on the University Students' Council's elections ballot.

The LYAC is a 15-member group of young people aged 15 to 25 who make sure London’s youths’ voices are included in local public policy decisions.

Here are LYAC's 2016-17 Western councillor candidates:

Elazar Ehrentreu

/lyac.ca

Year: First

Program: Sociology

Why do you want to be LYAC’s Western representative?

The position provides me with the opportunity to actively engage with our strong, student-led community at Western and with other passionate councillors who jointly represent the concerns affecting London’s youth, seek solutions in overcoming them and present them to legislators who have the power to positively affect our campus and London at-large.

Fun fact: It's been eight years since I started playing piano, but I still can't play by ear.

Olivia Gomes

/lyac.ca

Year: First

Program: Political science (Huron)

I want to be the Western councillor because I desire to be the link between issues within the Western community and the organization driving change. Through critical thinking, leadership and drive I believe I can effectively articulate my ideas and bring about real progress.

Fun fact: My life's passion for 15 years has been [the] violin and I now perform and teach students.

Aleeshia Carman

/lyac.ca

Year: First

Program: International relations

I would like to be the LYAC councillor to help spark positive change and ensure the voices of Western students are effectively represented. I would like to help create opportunities and awareness throughout the Western campus and London community, specifically in regards to poverty, mental health and global and local awareness.

Fun fact: I have been dancing for 14 years.

Ashmeet Siali

/lyac.ca Amy O'Kruk

Year: First

Program: History

By working within the framework of the municipal government, I want to create initiatives that complement and enhance what Western is already doing. Through creating more opportunities to come out and get involved with the city, and promoting better physical and mental health ... I want to create a great holistic student experience.

Fun fact: I won the Ontario Volunteer Service Award.