PoTD, October 25

A spooky Halloween skull welcomes the visitors of the University Students' Council's annual haunted house, Oct. 24, 2017. 

The University Students’ Council’s haunted house attracted close to 1,000 students this year, raising about $1,500.

Justin Chung, USC charity coordinator, said there was a high turnout compared to last year.

“There was a better turnout and a better vibe coming out of the house," he said. "I saw so many people coming out just scared and also having enjoyed it.” 

The USC charity committee's haunted house ran from Oct. 23 to 25 in the Mustang Lounge. USC Productions was in charge of designing and decorating the space, resulting in a haunted house with differently themed rooms, such as Dexter, scary dolls and zombies.

Students were also asked to donate canned goods and food to charity. Both the monetary and food donations were given to the USC's Food Support Services, a free and anonymous on-campus food bank.

Pearl Wang, Food Support Services co-ordinator, said that all proceeds are open to students with a UWO ONECard who are in need of food.

“I think the big thing with food support services is that it’s a classic example of students helping students, and I think that’s a thing that students can really resonate with,” Chung said.

The USC's Food Support Services is located in the University Community Centre, room 258.

1
0
0
0
0

Sabrina is pursuing her second year as a News Editor here at the Gazette. She is a fourth year International Relations student at Western University.