Courtesy of the University Students' Council

We’ve seen Sensoria, Aura and Secret Garden in the past couple of years, but now the time has come to get back to basics. This year we are celebrating how good everyone looks in black, and sometimes white, with the Noir et Blanc University Students' Council Charity Ball.

Charity Ball is a long-standing tradition at Western, but it’s more than your average night out on Richmond Row. It’s a chance for the Western Community to come together for an evening of elegance and fun, all the while supporting a great cause.

This year, our charity recipient is The Make-A-Wish Foundation. All proceeds will go towards three-year old Ethan who lives with complex medical needs. He loves playing peek-a-boo and his dog Lulu. His only wish is to have a full bedroom makeover. Adorable right? How can we not help this little guy out with a new room!

Whether this is your first time at Charity Ball or your last, it holds a special place as one of the best parts of the student experience at Western. Charity Ball is the only formal event that invites students from all faculties and affiliates to come together to support a worthy cause. We can’t wait for you to join us with your soph teams, faculty councils and anyone else you wish to share this amazing night with.

The doors of the London Convention Center will open at 9 p.m. on Friday evening. It is a 19 plus event, so please ensure that you have your ID. There will be food and beverages available at The London Convention Centre to purchase. The Mustang Express will run from the London Convention Centre to ensure that students have a free and safe ride home. Can’t wait to see you all there!