Jordan Henry

Photo courtesy of Ryerson basketball play by play announcer and Canadian University Sport Network insider, Jordan Henry's, Twitter @Jor_Henry.

One of the top basketball prospects in Canada will be heading to London to join the Western Mustangs program.

Jordan Henry, who played his high school basketball at Pine Ridge Secondary School in Pickering, was one of the elite players in the nation this past season. The 19-year-old point guard earned a spot on Canada's gold medal winning squad at the FIBA Under-19 Championships in Cairo, Egypt in July. 

After receiving offers from several National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I programs, including the Creighton Blue Jays of the Big East and the Virginia Tech Hokies of the Atlantic Coast Conference, Henry initially committed to Ryerson University to be close to his family.

But as per Jordan Henry, play by play announcer for the Ryerson basketball program and an insider for the Canadian University Sport Network (not the 19-year-old elite basketball player), Henry has announced he will instead by enrolling at Western to play under Brad Campbell this season.

Although there are still details forthcoming, the transfer spells big things for the Mustangs program. With a young and athletic roster headlined by second-year guard Omar Shiddo and third-year guard Eriq Jenkins, adding a high-end point guard like Henry is a vital inclusion to the backcourt. 

The Mustangs were widely expected to make major strides this season after a summer of development for their young core. Now, with Henry, the ceiling of what they can achieve just got much higher.

3
1
4
1
7