women's volleyball_Fri_Nov27_Brock

The Mustangs celebrate a point in the first set of their four-set win over Brock on Friday, Nov. 27.

The Western Mustangs women's volleyball team beat the Brock Bodgers in four sets (25-14, 21-25, 25-16, 25-22) on Friday evening in their final home game of the fall semester. They are now 6–2 this season.

Recap

After winning the first set rather easily, Western's Kelsey Veltman returned to action after missing two games due to injury. She entered the game at the start of the second set, and finished the match with eight kills and two blocks.

Western would lose a close second set, followed by another easy set victory in the third. Tied at 13, the Mustangs used a 7-1 run to go up 20-14, and held the lead to close out the first set 25–16.

In the fourth and final set, Western was close to victory and well in front 20-12, but the Badgers rallied to get within two points at 24-22. Western had other plans though, as Katherine Tsiofas, Mustangs setter, received a pass from libero Courtney Sestric to record the game clinching kill.

Gazette Player of the Game

Aja Gyimah, right side hitter of the Mustangs, led her team with 12 kills while contributing eight digs.

Up Next

Western closes out the first half of their regular season tomorrow when they travel to play Windsor. Game time is set for 6 p.m.

0
0
0
0
0