Western cheerleaders at the Homecoming football game on Oct. 21, 2017.

It's been a successful first-half of the school year for the Western Mustangs. With five provincial titles and seven national titles, Western University has been well-represented on the university athletics stage thus far.

Western is hosting a parade today to celebrate the achievements of its national champions.

The parade, led by Western's marching band, will begin at noon at Alumni Hall. The parade will walk towards the University Community Centre and conclude in the Mustang Lounge around 1:30 p.m. with a City Hall recognition of Western's student-athletes and coaches. Taking part in the parade will be the Vanier Cup-winning football team, among other national title-winning athletes.

While the parade will celebrate the achievements of Western's national champions, here is a list of this year's most successful varsity sports teams as of Nov. 30, 2017.

Cheerleading - National champions

The women's and co-ed cheerleading teams were both were crowned national champions. For the co-ed team, this is the 32nd (and 10th consecutive) national title in the program's history.

Football — Provincial and national champions

The Mustangs football team had a perfect 12–0 season. They avenged themselves by beating the Laurier Golden Hawks in the 110th Yates Cup, they set a U Sports record by defeating the Acadia Axemen 81–3 and they completed the fairytale by defeating the defending champions and university football powerhouse, the Laval Rouge et Or, in the 53rd Vanier Cup. Their appearance in the Vanier Cup was their first since 2008, and the win was their first since 1994.

Men's Golf - Provincial champions

The men's golf team was dominant at this year's OUA championship, winning their first gold medal since 2013 and topping the leaderboard by a margin of 14 strokes.

Men's Lacrosse - National champions

For the second year in a row, the men's lacrosse team was awarded the Baggataway Cup and crowned national champions.

Women's Lacrosse - Provincial champions

After they were dethroned in last year's controversial loss to Trent Excalibur in the championship game, the women's lacrosse team is back on top. This year's provincial title is the Mustangs' seventh in the last eight years.

Women's Rowing - Provincial and national champions

The women's rowing team won their fifth consecutive provincial title and their fifth consecutive national title this season.

Softball - Provincial and national champions

The Mustangs softball team had a very impressive season, going 30–1 in ranked competition. They captured their eighth consecutive provincial title and their fifth consecutive national title.

Men's Tennis - National champions

After qualifying for nationals based on the team's performance last year, the men's tennis team won gold at the Canadian University Men's Tennis Championship.

Women's Tennis - Provincial champions

The Mustangs women's tennis team won their second consecutive provincial championship this season. The win is the sixth in the program's history.

Managing Editor of Design

Jordan is the Managing Editor of Design for Volume 111. He was a graphics editor for Volumes 109-110 and is a recent graduate of Western's now defunct MTP program.