Men's Tennis

Western University took down the Waterloo Warriors on Friday before beating the Brock Badgers on Sunday. With the pair of wins, the Mustangs improve their record to 3–1.

Women's Tennis

The Mustangs won a pair of matches this weekend, overtaking Waterloo on Friday before beating the Brock Badgers on Sunday. The Mustangs are now 3–1 on the season.

Football

The football team took down the Queen's Gaels on Saturday night, winning 48–10 to improve to 5–0 on the year.

+3 
Football - Western vs Queens - Liam McInnis-15.jpg

Linebacker Fraser Sopik fends off an incoming Queen’s attacker on Sept. 23.

Men's Lacrosse

On Friday, the Mustangs beat the University of Toronto 26–3. On Sunday, Western University suffered their first loss of the season, falling to Brock University 12–11. The Mustangs are now 5–1.

Women's Lacrosse

The Mustangs won both their games on Saturday, beating Guelph University 15–1 before taking down McMaster University 12–2. The Mustangs are now 5-1 on the year.

Cross Country

The women's team finished in second place, while the men finished in fourth place at the Western Invitational tournament this past weekend. Among the top finishers was Western's Ben Carson who finished in first place in the men's race and Kristina Popadich who finished second in the women's race.

Women's Rugby

The women had a rough time this weekend, losing to the Guelph Gryphons 65–0. The Mustangs remain winless on the season with a record of 0-3.

Men's Rugby

The Mustangs fell to Queen's University 28–6 on Saturday in Kingston. With the loss, the Mustangs fall back to .500 with a 2–2 record.

Men's Soccer

The Mustangs had a disappointing weekend, losing 3–1 to Brock on Saturday before falling to McMaster 3–0 on Sunday. With the two losses Western is now 5–2–2.

Women's Soccer

The women's team had an impressive showing this weekend, shutting out Brock 1–0 on Saturday before beating McMaster 2–1 on Sunday. The Mustangs improve to 8–1 on the year.

Baseball

The Mustangs played four games this weekend, losing two games against Ryerson University on Saturday before going 1–1 against Brock on Sunday. The Mustangs are now 7–5 on the year.

Field Hockey

The women traveled to Kingston for a trio of games this weekend. The Mustangs opened up with a 2–1 win over Queen's University on Saturday. They followed that up with a 1–1 tie against Toronto. On Sunday, the Mustangs beat McGill University 3–1. The Mustangs are now 3–1–1 on the season.

Softball

The Mustangs went 4–0 on the weekend, winning a pair of games against York University on Saturday before sweeping a two-game set with Queen's on Sunday. The Mustangs remain undefeated with a record of 16–0 on the season.

+3 
softball vs york - sept 23

Kristen Pearn prepares to run in a game against the York Lions, Sept. 23.

Ultimate Frisbee

The ultimate teams competed in the Steeltown Classic tournament this weekend in Hamilton. The women's team won the tournament title, beating Toronto 11–10 in the finals.

Men's Golf

The Mustangs won the team gold medal at the Brock Invitational this weekend in St. Catharines. Mac Carter won the individual gold medal, while Eric Flockhart took home a share of the individual silver medal.

Women's Golf

+3 
Golf

Western’s Divya Chawla (left) and Jennifer Knox (second from left) won silver and gold respectively at the Brock Invitational golf tournament last weekend.

The Mustangs won the team gold medal at the Brock Invitational this weekend. Jennifer Knox won the individual gold medal, while Divya Chawal won a share of the individual silver medal.

0
0
0
0
0