By: Samah Ali, Arts and Life Editor

Ah, the sweet taste of Homecoming.

It would be easy to say this is one of the best days the Western experience has to offer, but in reality most of the day is spent running around Broughdale trying to find friends. However, it is one of the easiest events to dress for.

Homecoming has one simple requirement: wear purple. Even if you despise the colour, wear an all-white outfit with some purple accents. It’s a fairly simple uniform and it's your chance to show support for the football game you probably won’t attend. But hey, it’s Western. Go 'Stangs!

Now let’s get into the details.

American Apparel socks are an essential. Most girls will trade in their fashionable ripped jeans for these white and purple calf warmers. It’s a staple item worn every year; in fact, it’s practically the alternative Western uniform to which most females subscribe. Welcome to Western, where we like to blend in and wear the same clothes!

Your pants should be comfortable. Shorts, jeans, leggings – whatever suits your fancy. And if it’s cold, Western sweatpants are always a nice layer to carry.

Since Homecoming is still a party, most girls will take to cutting up their unisex shirts and showing a little cleavage. For boys, some will cut excessively large holes in the arms of theirs shirts to prevent sweat from appearing while also showcasing their gains from the gym. Tank tops and low-cut tops are all the rage at Homecoming.

Accessories are where you can get creative. The Purple Store has you covered with everything purple: beaded necklaces, suspenders, eyelashes, feather boas and hats. Dress up or dress down your outfit with these last-minute add-ons or if you don't want to spend money you can find them misplaced on the ground later in the day.

Homecoming’s dress code is pretty easy to accomplish, but you can still turn up with the wrong thing. Never wear a jersey or colour that supports another school. Queen’s shirts are especially not welcome here. If you do this, then you have failed Homecoming and Western, so dress accordingly and don’t let us down.

0
0
0
0
0