It was a relatively quiet athletic weekend at Western as most teams in competition took to the road.

Basketball (women's)

The women's basketball team dropped both of their weekend contests. The team lost 39–52 on Friday against the Ottawa Gee-Gees and then 48–71 against the undefeated Carleton Ravens on Saturday. With the pair of losses, the Mustangs fall to 3–4 and a 0.429 win percentage. The team travels to Toronto to take on the York Lions on Nov. 24.

Basketball (men's)

The men's basketball team also lost both of their weekend matchups. On Friday they lost to Ottawa by a narrow 62–67 margin. Things didn't get much better for the Mustangs as they lost 61–82 to the undefeated Carleton Ravens. After the weekend, the Mustangs sit third in the West with a 3–4 record and a 0.429 win percentage. Next, they travel to Toronto for a date with the York Lions on Nov. 24.

Football

The football team was in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, this past weekend for the Uteck Bowl, a U Sports semifinal game that pitted the Western Mustangs against the Acadia Axemen of the Atlantic University Sport. The Mustangs dominated their way to a record-breaking 81–3 win and secured themselves a date with the Laval Rouge et Or in this weekend's Vanier Cup.

Hockey (women's)

The women's hockey team split their weekend games. The Mustangs travelled to Guelph on Thursday to take on the Gryphons, a game that saw the Mustangs score thrice in the final six minutes of the third to force overtime where they eventually lost it by a score of 3–4. On Saturday the team travelled to Waterloo and beat the Laurier Golden Hawks 3–1.

Hockey (men's)

The men's hockey team continued to struggle this weekend, losing both their games. With a 4–6 loss against Guelph on Friday and a 2–3 loss to Laurier on Saturday, the Mustangs sit last in the West with a 3–8–1 record. This weekend, the team travels to Kingston for a pair of games against Royal Military College of Canada and the Queen's Gaels.

Volleyball (men's)

The men's volleyball team won their sole game of the weekend 3–1. The four-set victory (25–17, 20–25, 25–18, 25–20) over the Windsor Lancers improves the Mustangs' record to 3–2. Bryn Ramsay led the Mustangs with 18 points and 22 digs. The next game for the Mustangs is Friday, Nov. 24 at Alumni Hall against Queen's.

Volleyball (women's)

It took five sets (25–20, 26–24, 24–26, 22–25, 15–13) but the women's volleyball team was triumphant, posting a 3–2 win over Windsor. The Mustangs now sit second in the West with a 3–2 record. The next game for the Mustangs is Nov. 24 at Alumni Hall against Queen's.

Not included: badminton, fencing, ringette, squash and wrestling.

0
0
0
0
0

Managing Editor of Design

Jordan is the Managing Editor of Design for Volume 111. He was a graphics editor for Volumes 109-110 and is a recent graduate of Western's now defunct MTP program.